Informatica Power Center 9.6 Software DownloadMarch 16, 2016
Differences between OLTP, OLAP, ODS, DWH and DSS systems (Infographic)March 26, 2016
The defined roles and responsibilities of an Informatica Power Center Administrator are not limited to the below. There would be more depending on the level of responsibility, years of experience and the complexity of the project.
- Installation and configuration of Informatica Power Center and other related products.
- Managing the DEV/QA/UAT/PROD environments with High Availability and GRID setup
- Build Informatica Data Exchange/Data Transformation (DX/DT) and Data Quality environments for various POCs or setting up the enviornments if required
- Perform Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x System Administration and Power Exchange System Administration including Team Based Development administration
- Experience with setting up access roles and privileges, code page setups, appropriate ETL migration activities and scheduling jobs using Control-M or AutoSys
- Liaise with Systems Administrators, UNIX, Network and DBAs, scheduling and implementing software patches and upgrades
- Experience in automation of monitoring Informatica environments using UNIX, pmrep, pmcmd and other Informatica command line language
- Support multiple Informatica environments, production and development
- Support development teams with performance tuning and troubleshooting issues
- Handle day to day Informatica components migration tasks
- Scheduling and Monitoring Informatica repository backups
- Review of Informatica ETL design documents and working closely with development to ensure correct standards are followed
- Scheduling jobs through Autosys/Control M for monthly and daily job cycles
- INC/Remedy Ticket handling and problem ticket analysis
- Creating new repositories from scratch, backup and restore
- On Call Support as required during the week ends and off hours
- Scheduling real time system jobs
- Root Cause analysis for ETL job failures/Data issues raised by business
- End of Life system verification and upgrades. Perform regression testing and approve the overall upgrade or setup
- Mentored and monitored offshore and onsite development teams with regular calls on the commonly raised issues and propose permanent fixes.