Informatica version 10 provides a unified and fully integrated platform for all styles of data integration like ETL / ELT, Virtualization, Big Data Edition along with supporting a wider data management life-cycle including profiling, data quality, business glossary, and testing. The basic foundation for the latest version 10 is the intelligent data platform.
New Features of version 10 at a glance & the overall impact:
- More features for Business Users on Data Analyst and Metadata management
- Improved Administrator experience
- Build in Intelligence to improve performance
- Better designs with enforced best practices on code development, May reduce development effort drastically for common use cases
- Code integration with external Software Configuration tools
- Not much for Architects
- Hardware upgrade is must for V10
- Lot of new features are part of Data Integration and Data Governance area.
- Traditional Users will not be impressed much since there are no new features in traditional products like PC, MDM, B2B
Other features include:
• Enhancements are on their Eclipse based Developer tool rather than traditional PowerCenter tool
• Developer client is seen as more user friendly, light weight, good integration capability with different technologies
• Higher focus is on Big data management platform along with Developer client, Analyst tool, Admin Console, PWX and IDQ, Metadata manager, Business Glossary. No new features on traditional products like PC, B2B, MDM, VDS.
• Informatica’s latest version has improvised on features for users such as Business Analyst and Administrator/Operator and contains new features for application performance monitoring
• Informatica V10 will work only on 64 bit environment. Also minimum hardware requirement has been increased. This may turn up to be a constraint and add dependency to upgrade hardware for client as well as server to 64 bit. Please refer to the PAM (Product Availability Matrix for more information)
• New System Services are introduced in the Service oriented architecture
- Email Service to allow Business Glossary and Data Quality users to configure emails for specific events
- Introduced independent schedule service to schedule jobs. It has basic schedule feature and can not be considered as replacement of ControlM/Autosys.