Informatica Global Customer Support team created an interactive self-service guide which provides the information required to upgrade to Informatica 10.0 version from earlier versions.
This interactive self-service guide provides the information required to upgrade to Informatica 10.0 version from earlier versions. In this guide, you will learn:
- New features, architectural changes and steps to upgrade
- Different types of upgrade and best practices to follow during the upgrade cycle
The upgrade process consists of the following phases:
- Perform the pre-upgrade tasks/checklists
- Upgrade the Informatica Server
- Upgrade the Repository Service Contents
- Upgrade the Informatica Client Tools
- Perform the post-upgrade tasks
The upgrade steps may involve additional steps based on the version you are upgrading from. To start with the upgrade, let us understand your existing implementation. This step-by-step process can be used for upgrading to Informatica version 10 from the earlier versions.
It is always recommended to run the upgrade on a development environment before upgrading the production.